Schedule Your Consultation Today!
What are the symptoms of blepharitis?
- Eyelid and eye irritation
- Crusting of the eyelids and eyelashes
- Redness of the eyelids and eyes
- Burning sensation
- Foreign body sensation – “something in the eye”
No wonder that people believe their eyes are “dry”, even when they have tearing, since bottled tears relieve their symptoms–for a short time.
What causes blepharitis?
- Bacterial infection of the eyelid skin at the base of the lashes
- Seborrheic lash debris
- Malfunctioning of the meibomian eyelid oil glands
- Chronic infection of the glands (similar to rosacea of the facial skin)
- Eyelash mites (Demodex)
- Allergic reactions to medications or cosmetics
- Malposition of the eyelids (entropion, ectropion)
- Drooping eyelid skin
How can Triangle Eye Physicians help with your blepharitis?
Our ophthalmologists are specialty-trained in the evaluation and management of ocular surface and eyelid disease. You will receive a thorough examination with a detailed explanation of the findings and treatment plan that is tailored specifically for you. We offer in-office eyelid scrub treatments, lid spa treatments for patients who have associated meibomian gland dysfunction, and treatment for Demodex blepharitis with Cliradex towelettes to cleanse the eyelids (effective against the eyelash mite called Demodex), lashes, and skin around the eyes for $35 a box. This treatment is not available in stores.
Please give us a call if you would like a consultation about possible blepharitis, at 919 256 2500.
Please call 919-256-2500 for emergencies
2406 Blue Ridge Road Ste 280
Raleigh, NC 27607
Mon - Thurs: 8am-5pm